5 Things About Me
There is yet another meme going around the Intarwebs again. If you are unfamiliar with the term meme, think of it like the game of telephone that you played as a kid, where one person whispers to another, and by the time the whole thing is done the message is obfuscated – nothing like the original.
The person who infected me with the current viral trend is none other than Newsvine antagonist and blogger extraordinaire Ben Gray of OpenSwitch.org. From his self-description, he is a road-kill stuffing fisherman who likes to keep to himself while using various technological devices to avoid fights.
Hopefully I will be able to shed some light on my shady past, and reveal five things about myself which are not common knowledge. I cannot promise anything quite as random as stuffing road-kill, but hopefully it will be interesting nonetheless. Without further ado, here are a few details…
1. I have lived chronologically in the following locations:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Houston, Texas
- Yuba City, California
- Atwater, California
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Wichita, Kansas
- Great Falls, Montana
- Spokane, Washington
- Montgomery, Alabama
- Springfield, Virginia
- Minot, North Dakota
- Pullman, Washington
- Lexington, Kentucky
- Boise, Idaho
- Dallas, Texas
2. I used to be a Red Cross certified lifeguard and swimming instructor.
3. I have made award-winning multiplayer video game maps – example.
4. I used to work as a system operator for Microsoft’s Gaming Zone.
5. This little critter is an Armadillidium, commonly referred to as a pillbug. When I was a kid, I called them rollie-pollies, and I would put them in my mouth because I liked the texture. No paint chips for me! When finished, I would gently place them back on the ground, and they’d crawl away unharmed.
So there you have ‘em, some random and possibly disturbing facts about me. I suppose now I have to do the obligatory tagging of five more people, so that this nonsense can continue. Therefore, I will victimize these individuals:
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone, and are not necessarily shared by any other living person.